Sunday, February 8, 2015

Onion Soup and Something for the Slow Cooker People

I’m not sure where you live, but for the sake of this post let’s assume the weather is terrible. With that in mind, I thought I’d repost our two French onion soup recipes, as well as this link to an article by Vanessa Greaves, on using a slow cooker to make caramelized onions.

I have a small, but passionate group of viewers that regularly submit food wishes for slow cooker recipes, but for whatever reason I can never seem to make it happen. To very nominally make up for that, I’d hope you check her post out, and maybe give it a try. If you do, you can use them in either of these great soup recipes. Just click on the title, and away you go. Enjoy!


French Onion Soup


Don't let the bad photography fool you; this is one great soup recipe.

American French Onion Soup


I show how to use an oven to caramelize the onions, instead of the traditional stove top. You know, in case you don't have a slow cooker.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Slow cooker recipes are fine, but I'd prefer to have more pressure cooker recipes. So my food wish is for lots of delicious pressure cooker recipes! :-)

rancholyn said...

This is a great post and I will try both your soup recipes...thanks for including "slow cooker"...You are the best!

Grams Pam said...

When doing onions or a batch of garlic bulbs in my crockpot, I just plug it in out in the garage.

Another Food Wish vote for pressure cooker recipes! I don't use mine enough.