Thursday, May 29, 2008

Heart and Sole...err, I Mean Tilapia

I received a very nice email, and photo, from Jhe. In it she said, "I only started cooking a few weeks ago and I'm getting better by the day. Tonight, I made your recipe for Sole Dore but used tilapia instead. I also didn't have capers so I made a simple lemon butter sauce. I attached a picture so you can see. My husband LOVED it and he's not a big fish fan. ...Please continue doing what you do."

All my usual kidding aside, these are emails that inspire me to keep doing what I do. Thanks!


7 comments:

zichi said...

I don't normally visiting 'food and cooking' sites even though I do enjoy cooking myself which I frequently make for my wife.
I was inspired by your site which I thought was very well done with very simple to follow recipes, great video, and I think both your food and site are very healthy. I added you to my daily RSS, and I should add a review on my artOsphere blog.
Thank you, Chef John.........

Anonymous said...

those almost look like your Chinese 5 spice carrots, mmm - those are really good.

ghanima said...

Sounds like Jhe's a natural! It must help that she's following the instructions of such a wise, thorough and -- dare I say -- disgustingly handsome teacher. :)

Chef John said...

"disgustingly handsome teacher" I think you got half of that right!

Anonymous said...

I am interested to get such emails.

Anonymous said...

Is anyone else have an issue with viewing the recipe video? I really want to make this for dinner tonight but I am unable to view but the picture. :( Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Chef John said...

You needed to follow this link... http://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2007/02/classic-sole-dore.html